clinic and pharmacy
Monday & Wednesday: 9am–5pm
Tuesday & Thursday: 9am–6pm
*All services are by appointment only
Same-day appointments are available for established patients only.
Call this number for English: (919) 746 – 0101
Call this number for Spanish: (919) 746 – 0102
we are partners in health
The Open Door Clinic provides a medical home to all our patients. We use an integrated care model to ensure access to primary care, behavioral health and wellness services. Our community partnerships allow our patients to access off-site services, testing of lab specimens, diagnostic imaging, and specialty services.
about the open door clinic
Staff, volunteer doctors, physician assistants and nurse practitioners work together to provide care for uninsured adults at the Open Door Clinic.
Services Provided to Established Patients
- Primary care
- Wellness and Behavioral Health: Including but not limited to stress management, anxiety and depression management, behavioral diabetes and chronic pain management
- Specialty Services: Gynecological, Rheumatology, ENT, Podiatry, Ophthalmology, Nephrology
- Case Management: Collaborative care to develop personalized treatment plans
- Diabetes Education Services
- Telehealth appointments by phone or video call
Services Not Provided to Established Patients
- On-site dental services
- Urgent Care
- Disability determination and litigation-related exams
- Hospital care
- Prenatal care
*Patients requiring specialty care not available at Open Door Clinic are referred to the appropriate specialists who donate services through charity care.
how to become a patient
We are accepting new patients! We also still take referrals from our community partners.
- Be a resident of Wake County
- Be 18 years or older and not pregnant
- Meet income requirements (250% below the federal poverty level)
- Have no access to health insurance
All services are by appointment. To become a patient, call (919) 746-0098 or print out a new patient form below!
The clinic is providing telehealth appointments, on-site check-ups, and off-site lab checks.
Details on Medication Pickup
- Due to COVID-19, we have switched to curbside pickup. Look for the signs for the medication pick-up lane and call the phone number posted when you arrive. Please stay in your car and we will bring your medications to you.
- If someone else is picking up medications, they must provide a written note and a copy of your photo identification.
- Medications that your specialist prescribes may be eligible for pick-up from our pharmacy. Please bring the prescription to the pharmacy during normal business hours or call (919) 256-2175.
Pharmacy (for patients only)
How to request your refills:
For successful management of ongoing health needs, we provide medications at no charge for eligible patients.
Please call (919) 256-2175 when you have 1 week of medications left.
Medications dispensed to our patients are provided through numerous manufacturer programs, as well as NC MedAssist, Americares and Direct Relief.