clinic and pharmacy
*All services are by appointment only
Monday & Wednesday: 10am–5pm
we are partners in health
The Open Door Clinic provides primary care and specialty care to adults without health insurance. We also have an on-site pharmacy that provides medication to our patients at no cost to them.
about the open door clinic
Staff, volunteer doctors, physician assistants and nurse practitioners work together to provide care at the Open Door Clinic.
Not only do we have the best volunteer providers for all of the services we offer in house, we have strong community partnerships that allow our patients access to off-site services and testing of lab specimens, diagnostic imaging and specialty medicine.
Services Not Provided
- We do not dispense abusable/scheduled drugs
- We do not have on-site dental services but we do refer our patients to Wake Smiles for medically indicated dental care
- We do not provide urgent care for injuries or intensive wound management
- We do not get involved in disability determination or litigation related exams
- No hospital care
- No children or pregnancies
- Optometry (ocular services are for diabetes and disease management)
how to become a patient
We accept new patients and referrals from community partners.
- Be non-pregnant adults
- Be residents of Wake County
- Be able to meet income requirements (200% below the federal poverty level)
- Have no access to health insurance
All services are by appointment. To become a patient, call (919) 746-0098 or fill out a new patient form below!
Details on Pickup
- Due to COVID-19, we have switched to curbside pickup. Look for the signs for the medication pick-up lane and call the phone number posted when you arrive. Please stay in your car and we will bring your medications to you.
- If someone else is picking up medications, they must provide a written note and a copy of your photo identification.
- Medications that your specialist prescribes may be eligible for pick-up from our pharmacy. Please bring the prescription to the pharmacy during normal business hours or call (919) 256-2175.
- THERE IS NO CHARGE FOR MEDICATIONS.
How to request your refills
For successful management of ongoing health needs, we provide medications at no charge for eligible patients.
Please call (919) 256-2175 when you have 1 week of medications left.