clinic and pharmacy
Monday & Thursday: 9 am–5 pm
Tuesday & Wednesday: 9 am–6:30 pm
Established patients can call the following numbers to schedule a medical appointment.
Call this number for English: (919) 746 – 0101
Call this number for Spanish: (919) 746 – 0102
Walk In Program – The Open Door Clinic is now offering same-day medical visits for all uninsured community adults (established and non-established patients) who are not pregnant, Wake County residents of low income (at or below 250% Federal Poverty Level), and seeking care for minor injuries and illnesses. Services are available on a first-come first served basis. Please click the link to view the services provided.
we are partners in health
The Open Door Clinic provides a medical home to all our patients. We use an integrated care model to ensure access to primary care, behavioral health and wellness services. Our community partnerships allow our patients to access off-site services, testing of lab specimens, diagnostic imaging, and specialty services.
about the open door clinic
Staff, volunteer doctors, physician assistants and nurse practitioners work together to provide care for uninsured adults at the Open Door Clinic.
Services Provided to Established Patients
- Primary care
- Wellness and Behavioral Health: Including but not limited to stress management, anxiety and depression management, behavioral diabetes and chronic pain management
- Specialty Services: Gynecological, Rheumatology, ENT, Podiatry, Ophthalmology, Nephrology
- Case Management: Collaborative care to develop personalized treatment plans
- Diabetes Education Services
- Telehealth appointments by phone or video call
Services Not Provided to Established Patients
- On-site dental services
- Urgent Care
- Disability determination and litigation-related exams
- Hospital care
- Prenatal care
*Patients requiring specialty care not available at Open Door Clinic are referred to the appropriate specialists who donate services through charity care.
how to become a patient
We are accepting new patients! We also still take referrals from our community partners.
- Be a resident of Wake County
- Be 18 years or older and not pregnant
- Meet income requirements (250% below the federal poverty level)
- Have no access to health insurance
All services are by appointment. To become a patient, call (919) 746-0098 or print out a new patient form below!
The clinic is providing telehealth appointments, on-site check-ups, and off-site lab checks.
We continue to COVID-screen all visitors and require wearing masks in our office which includes our waiting areas and exam rooms. We have HEPA filters throughout the office to ensure clean air flow.
Details on Medication Pickup
- We have resumed having medication pick-up done inside our office. When you arrive, you will check in downstairs and once ready, be allowed upstairs to pick up your medications.
- If you present COVID-19-like symptoms, you will check in downstairs and be asked to return to your car. We will bring your medications to you.
- If someone else is picking up medications, they must provide a written note and a copy of your photo identification.
- Medications that your specialist prescribes may be eligible for pick-up from our pharmacy. Please bring the prescription to the pharmacy during normal business hours or call (919) 256-2175.
Details on Scheduled Appointments
- If you present COVID-19-like symptoms, you will check in downstairs and be asked to return to your car, and we will conduct a COVID-19 test in your car.
- If positive, your appointment will be converted to telehealth.
- If negative, you would be allowed to come inside to complete your appointment.
Pharmacy (for patients only)
How to request your refills:
For successful management of ongoing health needs, we provide medications at no charge for eligible patients.
Please call (919) 256-2175 when you have 1 week of medications left.