clinic and pharmacy
we are partners in health
The Open Door Clinic provides primary care and specialty care to adults without health insurance. We also have an on-site pharmacy that provides medication to our patients at no cost to them.
about the open door clinic
Staff, volunteer doctors, physician assistants and nurse practitioners work together to provide care for uninsured adults at the Open Door Clinic.
We are accepting new patients! Fill out a form below.
Not only do we have the best volunteer providers for all of the services we offer in house, we have strong community partnerships that allow our patients access to off-site services and testing of lab specimens, diagnostic imaging and specialty medicine.
Services Provided to Established Patients
- Primary care
- Diabetes Education Services
- Mental Health
- Specialty services
Services Not Provided
- On-site dental services
- Urgent Care
- Disability determination or litigation related exams
- Hospital care
We do not provide care for children or pregnancies.
how to become a patient
We are accepting new patients! We also still take referrals from our community partners.
- Be a resident of Wake County
- Be 18 years or older and not pregnant
- Meet income requirements (200% below the federal poverty level)
- Have no access to health insurance
All services are by appointment. To become a patient, call (919) 746-0098 or fill out a new patient form below!
The clinic is providing telehealth appointments, on-site check-ups, and off-site lab checks.
Details on Medication Pickup
- Due to COVID-19, we have switched to curbside pickup. Look for the signs for the medication pick-up lane and call the phone number posted when you arrive. Please stay in your car and we will bring your medications to you.
- If someone else is picking up medications, they must provide a written note and a copy of your photo identification.
- Medications that your specialist prescribes may be eligible for pick-up from our pharmacy. Please bring the prescription to the pharmacy during normal business hours or call (919) 256-2175.
Pharmacy (for patients only)
How to request your refills
For successful management of ongoing health needs, we provide medications at no charge for eligible patients.
Please call (919) 256-2175 when you have 1 week of medications left.