volunteer with us
Volunteer services provides a welcoming environment to connect dedicated and skilled volunteers to collaborate with staff in elevating our organization’s reach to our neighbors in need.
While we currently have modifications to our hours and operations due to COVID-19, there are still plenty of ways to get involved! We offer individual and group volunteer opportunities, with the hope that they will be meaningful experiences for everyone involved.
We are currently not receiving any new applicants at this time.
Take the next step as an Urban Ministries volunteer!
If you are interested in a group activity or hosting a food drive, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Other information + COVID Regulations
- Volunteers will be asked health screening questions and will be provided with masks and gloves
- We do not have night and weekend volunteer opportunities with the exception of some meal times at the Helen Wright Center or specific group projects
- Volunteers must:
- Be able to commit to volunteering at least two (2) shifts per month for at least a year
- Have reliable transportation, as we are not located on a bus line
- Be 18 years of age or older to volunteer without a parent or chaperone in our Open Door Clinic
- Youth ages 8-15 may volunteer with a chaperone in our landscaping opportunity and must sign a youth code of conduct.