volunteer with us
Volunteer services provides a welcoming environment to connect dedicated and skilled volunteers to collaborate with staff in elevating our organization’s reach to our neighbors in need.
While we currently have modifications to our hours and operations due to COVID-19, there are still plenty of ways to get involved! We offer individual and group volunteer opportunities, with the hope that they will be meaningful experiences for everyone involved.
Take the next step as an Urban Ministries volunteer!
Volunteer at the Food Pantry
Shifts are Monday through Thursday, 8:30am – 11:30am, and Thursday from 1:00pm – 4:00pm.
The pantry has moved to a curbside model. A limited amount of volunteers are needed during each shift.
Volunteer at the Helen Wright Center
Sign up here to provide meals for the women at our Helen Wright Center.
Meals should be prepared and dropped off for service. The number of meals varies and is currently around 30 per volunteering shift.
Email us with any questions!
Volunteer at the Open Door Clinic
Group Volunteering Interest Form
Other information + COVID Regulations
- Volunteers will be asked health screening questions and will be provided with masks and gloves
- We do not have night and weekend volunteer opportunities with the exception of some meal times at the Helen Wright Center or specific group projects
- Volunteers must:
- Be able to commit to volunteering at least two (2) shifts per month for at least a year
- Have reliable transportation, as we are not located on a bus line
- Be 18 years of age or older to volunteer without a parent or chaperone in our Open Door Clinic
- Be 16 years of age or older to volunteer without a parent or chaperone in our Food Pantry
- Volunteers between the ages of 13-15 may volunteer in the Food Pantry alongside a participating adult. Teen to adult ratio must be 1:1 or 1:2
- Youth ages 8-15 may volunteer with a chaperone in our landscaping opportunity and must sign a youth code of conduct.
Have general questions about our volunteer program?
Please email Volunteer Services at firstname.lastname@example.org.