volunteer with us
Volunteer services provides a welcoming environment to connect dedicated and skilled volunteers to collaborate with staff in elevating our organization’s reach to our neighbors in need.
While we currently have modifications to our hours and operations due to COVID-19, there are still plenty of ways to get involved! We offer individual and group volunteer opportunities, with the hope that they will be meaningful experiences for everyone involved.
Take the next step as an Urban Ministries volunteer!
If you are interested in a group activity or hosting a food drive, please contact us at email@example.com
Volunteer at the Food Pantry
Shifts are Monday through Thursday, 8:30am – 11:30am.
The pantry has moved to a curbside model. A limited amount of volunteers are needed during each shift.
Volunteer at the Helen Wright Center
Sign up here to provide meals for the women at our Helen Wright Center.
Meals should be prepared beforehand and can be dropped off with staff, or your group may also stay to serve the meals. If you’d like to serve the meals only, please apply to be a Helen Wright Center Server through the link above.
Email us with any questions!
Other information + COVID Regulations
- Volunteers will be asked health screening questions and will be provided with masks and gloves
- We do not have night and weekend volunteer opportunities with the exception of some meal times at the Helen Wright Center or specific group projects
- Volunteers must:
- Be able to commit to volunteering at least two (2) shifts per month for at least a year
- Have reliable transportation, as we are not located on a bus line
- Be 18 years of age or older to volunteer without a parent or chaperone in our Open Door Clinic
- Youth ages 8-15 may volunteer with a chaperone in our landscaping opportunity and must sign a youth code of conduct.