volunteer with us
Volunteer services provides a welcoming environment to connect dedicated and skilled volunteers to collaborate with staff in elevating our organization’s reach to our neighbors in need.
While we currently have modifications to our hours and operations due to COVID-19, there are still plenty of ways to get involved! We offer individual and group volunteer opportunities, with the hope that they will be meaningful experiences for everyone involved.
Take the next step as an Urban Ministries volunteer!
Volunteer at the Food Pantry
Monday through Thursday, 8:30am – 11:30am, and Thursday from 1:00pm – 4:00pm.
The pantry has moved to a drive-through model in order to follow CDC guidelines. A limited amount of volunteers are needed each shift to help pack boxes, organize shelves and break down boxes.
Volunteer at the Helen Wright Center
You can provide a meal for the women at Helen Wright Center! Please sign up here for the 2021 calendar year.
Meals should be prepared and dropped off for service. The number of meals varies from time to time but could be anywhere from 20-75.
If you have questions, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
– Virtually volunteer by collecting, assembling & dropping off themed Care Kits
– Complete this form if you’re interested in volunteering as a group
– Landscape beautification:
- Shifts are Friday mornings from 10:00 am – 11:00 am for groups of 3 – 15 individuals. Please complete the group request form.
– Host a Food Drive:
- Host an online drive to raise money directly for our food pantry. Email us here.
- Organize a traditional drive to stock our food pantry. Please fill out this form.
Other information + COVID Regulations
- Volunteers will be asked health screening questions and will be provided with masks and gloves
- We do not have night and weekend volunteer opportunities with the exception of some meal times at the Helen Wright Center or specific group projects
- Volunteers must:
- Be able to commit to volunteering at least two (2) shifts per month for at least a year
- Have reliable transportation, as we are not located on a bus line
- Be 18 years of age or older to volunteer without a parent or chaperone in our Open Door Clinic
- Be 16 years of age or older to volunteer without a parent or chaperone in our Food Pantry
- Volunteers between the ages of 13-15 may volunteer in the Food Pantry alongside a participating adult. Teen to adult ratio must be 1:1 or 1:2