volunteer with us
Volunteer services provides a welcoming environment to connect dedicated and skilled volunteers to collaborate with staff in elevating our organization’s reach to our neighbors in need.
While we currently have modifications to our hours and operations due to COVID-19, there are still plenty of ways to get involved! We offer individual and group volunteer opportunities, with the hope that they will be meaningful experiences for everyone involved.
Take the next step as an Urban Ministries volunteer!
Volunteer at the Food Pantry
Monday through Thursday, 8:30am – 11:30am, and Thursday from 1:00pm – 4:00pm.
The pantry has moved to a drive-through model in order to follow CDC guidelines. A limited amount of volunteers are needed each shift to help pack boxes, organize shelves and break down boxes.
Volunteer at the Helen Wright Center
You can provide a meal for the women at Helen Wright Center! Please sign up here for the 2021 calendar year.
Meals should be prepared and dropped off for service. The number of meals varies from time to time but could be anywhere from 20-75.
If you have questions, send us an email at email@example.com.
Other information + COVID Regulations
- Volunteers will be asked health screening questions and will be provided with masks and gloves
- We do not have night and weekend volunteer opportunities with the exception of some meal times at Helen Wright Center or specific group projects
- Volunteers must:
- Be able to commit to volunteering at least two (2) shifts per month for at least a year
- Have reliable transportation, as we are not located on a bus line
- Be 18 years of age or older to volunteer without a parent or chaperone in any of our programs
- Volunteers between the ages of 13–17 may volunteer in our Client Choice Food Pantry or for certain group activities when we are not open for clients while being supervised by a parent or chaperone at all times.